- the types of information we may collect;
- how we use the information we collect;
- how we may share the information we collect;
- the legal basis for using personal information;
- how we protect and store the information we collect;
- third-party services and content;
- your choices and rights;
- how to contact us.
THE TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect and receive information about you from various sources, including: (a) directly from you when you provide it to us, (b) indirectly from you when you use the Portal Services, and (c) from third-party websites, services, and partners.
Information You Provide to Us Directly
“Personal information” is any information that can be used to identify you or that we can link to you as an individual. We collect your personal information when you provide it to us.
You can use some of our Portal Services without providing us with any personal information. However, when you register for an Account, you provide us with personal information, including items such as your name and email address. Using your Account and accessing other portions of our Portal Services may require that you enter a password or other credentials. Your password or credentials are stored locally on your device or computer, and they are never transmitted to us.
If you contact us directly, we may also receive personal information and other information about you, such as your name, title, email address, phone number, the contents of the message and/or attachments you may send us, and any other information you may choose to provide. We may also receive a confirmation when you open an email from us.
Information We May Collect Indirectly
We use browser cookies and similar tracking technologies (collectively, “Cookies”) to collect and store certain information when you use, access, or interact with our Portal Services.
Cookies are small files of information, usually stored on your application, computer, or device, that allows our web servers or our third-party services to recognize you. We store information that we collect through Cookies to record your preferences, settings, and status for the Portal Services and to analyze how you use the Portal Services. In some countries, including countries in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), the information referenced above in this paragraph may be considered personal information under applicable data protection laws. (More details below under the section entitled “Your Choices and Rights.”)
With Cookies, we may, for example, collect information about the type of device you use to access the Portal Services, the operating system and version, your IP address, your general geographic location as indicated by your IP address, your browser type, and data on your interaction with the Portal Services (such as search terms you enter or your frequency of usage, including your usage across different websites and applications). We may also collect data regarding the functionality of our Portal Services, including system-level metrics, to help us operate, maintain and improve the performance and utilization of the Portal Services, to develop new features, protect the security and safety of our Portal Services, and our customers, and to provide customer support. We also use this data to develop aggregate analysis and business intelligence that enable us to operate, protect, make informed decisions, and report on the performance of our business.
Information We May Collect from Third-Party Sources
We may receive information about you from third parties that help us update, expand, and analyze our records, and prevent or detect fraud. If you choose to link our Portal Services to a third-party account, we will receive information about that account, such as your authentication token from the third-party account, to authorize linking. Please note that the information we may receive is governed by the privacy settings, policies, and/or procedures of the third party.
We may also collect information from social media platforms that share information about how you interact with our social media content. Further, we may also receive publicly-available information about you from our third-party partners and combine it with data that we have about you.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use the information we collect in various ways, including to:
- provide, operate, and maintain our Portal Services;
- improve, personalize, and expand our Portal Services;
- understand and analyze how you use our Portal Services;
- develop new products, services, features, and functionality;
- communicate with you (either directly or through one of our partners) in order to provide customer service, to provide updates, and other information relating to the Portal Services;
- market or promote our Portal Services (including maintaining our list of contacts, or assessing the effectiveness of our events, promotional campaigns, and publications);
- understand how people use our Portal Services, including by generating and analyzing statistics;
- support Galactix Zone business purposes, including data analysis;
- invoicing, detecting, preventing, and responding to actual or potential fraud, illegal activities, or intellectual property infringement;
- comply and enforce applicable regulations and agreements, including enforcing our Terms of Service, or other legal rights, or as may be required by applicable laws and regulations or requested by any judicial process or governmental agency.
The above uses may involve information that has been aggregated so that the data is no longer capable of identifying an individual. This aggregated data may also be used by us to generate and commercialize insights.
HOW WE MAY SHARE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may share the personal information we collect with Galactixzone.io. We may also share the information we collect in various ways, including the following:
- Other Users. We may share your information with Certifiers (i.e., third-party that authenticators), Relying Parties (i.e., parties working with us and the Certifiers) and other Users on the Marketplace Platform and elsewhere in the Portal.
- Employees and Contractors of Galactix Zone. Our employees and contractors may be given access to any information which we collect via our Portal Services. Our employees and contractors are required to keep this information confidential and are not permitted to use it for any purposes other than to enable you to use the Portal Services or to deal with requests that you submit to us.
- Vendors and Service Providers. We may share information with third-party vendors and service providers that provide services on our behalf in order to allow them to assist us in (a) providing our Portal Services, (b) promoting and/or marketing our Portal Services or other services or products, and (c) providing you with information, such as product announcements, software updates, special offers.
- Advertising. We work with third-party advertising partners to show you ads that we think may interest you. These advertising partners may set and access their own cookies, pixel tags, and similar technologies on our Portal Services, and they may otherwise collect or have access to information about you which they may collect over time and across different online services. Some of our advertising partners are members of the Network Advertising Initiative or the Digital Advertising Alliance. To learn more about these programs, or opt-out of personalized ads, visit the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Self-Regulatory program for Online Behavioral Advertising.
- Third-Party Partners. We also share information about Users with third-party partners in order to receive additional publicly-available information about you.
- Information We Share When You Sign Up Through a Referral. If you sign up for an Account through a referral from a friend, we may share information with your referrer to let them know that you used their referral to sign up.
- Business Transfers. Information may be disclosed and otherwise transferred to any potential acquirer, successor, or the assignee as part of any proposed merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of assets, or similar transaction, or in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets.
- With Your Consent. We may share information with your consent.
- Aggregate Information. As legally permissible, we may use and share information about Users with our partners in an aggregated or de-identified form that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
LEGAL BASIS FOR USING PERSONAL INFORMATION
Our legal basis for collecting and using personal information will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we normally collect and use your personal information only when doing so (a) is needed in order to perform our contractual or legal obligations to you; (b) is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights; or (c) is done with your consent. We have a legitimate interest in operating our Portal Services and communicating with you as necessary to provide these Portal Services, for example when responding to your queries, improving our platform, undertaking marketing, or for the purposes of detecting or preventing illegal activities.
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform our contractual obligations with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and will advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory, which includes the possible consequences of not providing your personal information.
You may withdraw any consent you have granted for use of your personal information by contacting us through the information we provide under the section entitled “Contact Us” below. When required by applicable law, we will rely on your consent for direct marketing and to collect information from your device or computer.
HOW WE PROTECT AND STORE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We deploy administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to comply with applicable legal requirements and safeguard the information that we collect.
However, no information system can be 100% secure, so we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information. Moreover, the information you transmit to us over networks that we do not control, including the Internet and wireless networks, may be compromised.
The Portal Services are controlled and operated by Galactixzone.io. We may store the information we collect in the EEA or in other countries where we or our service providers have facilities. We may transfer information to countries outside of your country of residence which may have data protection laws and regulations that differ from those in your country.
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax, or accounting requirements).
We retain the information we collect for no longer than is reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collect the information and to comply with our legal obligations.
THIRD-PARTY SERVICES AND CONTENT
We engage third parties that support the operation of our Portal Services, such as analytics providers. These third parties may use technologies to track your online activities over time and across different websites and online platforms.
YOUR CHOICES AND RIGHTS
You have choices and certain rights that can affect the collection and sharing of your information.
Choices that can affect the collection and sharing of your information include the following:
- You can use some of the features of the Portal Services without an Account, thereby limiting the type of information that we collect.
- You may unsubscribe from receiving certain promotional emails from us. If you wish to do so, simply follow the instructions found at the end of the email or contact us through the information we provide under the section entitled “Contact Us” below. Even if you unsubscribe to these types of emails, we may still contact you for informational, transactional, account-related, or similar purposes.
Subject to local law, you may have certain rights regarding information that we have collected. We encourage you to contact us to update or correct your information if it changes, or if you believe that any information that we have collected about you is inaccurate or out of date. You can also ask us to see what personal information we hold about you, to erase your personal information and you may tell us if you object to our use of your personal information. In some jurisdictions, you may have a right to complain to your local data protection authority. If you would like to discuss or exercise the rights you may have, you may contact us through the information we provide under the section entitled “Contact Us” below.
Your Data Protection Rights Under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”)
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the following data protection rights, which you may exercise at any time by contacting us through the information we provide under the section entitled “Contact Us” below:
- You may access, correct, update, or request deletion of your personal information.
- You may object to the processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information.
- You have the right to opt out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing emails we send you, or by contacting us to opt-out of other forms of marketing.
- If we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing of personal information we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
CHILDREN UNDER THIRTEEN
Galactix Zone is not directed to children under the age of thirteen, and Galactix Zone will never knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of thirteen. If you are under the age of thirteen, you must ask your parent or guardian for permission to use our Portal Services.
HOW TO CONTACT US
The data controller of your personal information is Galactixzone.io. If you would like to contact us please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We welcome your inquiries and comments.